Cory Jecmen, L.Ac., M.Ac. | Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
As the son of a well-known practitioner of Visceral Manipulation and CranioSacral Therapy, I have always been familiar with energetic fields and body work. I came to acupuncture as a career after a personal experience in high school as a patient of an Oriental Medical Doctor whose work transformed my life and helped me find a tremendous amount of relief.
My approach is simple and effective. While every treatment is individualized, my goal with every patient is the same – to get to the root of your illness with a treatment that is uniquely tailored to address your specific imbalance. I am keenly focused on alleviating the symptoms that bring you in the door and further leveraging acupuncture’s potential to help you move toward long-term wellness and optimal health.
I am particularly drawn to a team-based and collaborative environment, such as CIH, where complex and chronic conditions are most effectively addressed.
I love spending as much time as possible in the outdoors with my wife and two young sons. An avid runner and fitness enthusiast, I also enjoy alpine skiing whenever I can get to mountains above seven thousand feet.
Education and Experience
- Maryland University of Integrative Health (formerly Tai Sophia Institute), Master of Acupuncture, 2009
- Western State Colorado University, B.S. in Biology and Chemistry, 2002
- Casey Health Institute, acupuncturist and clinical informaticist, 2013-2018
- Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Washington, D.C., acupuncturist and researcher with the War Related Illness and Injury Study Center, 2010-2013
- Owner/Operator of private acupuncture practice in Silver Spring, MD, 2009-2013
To schedule an appointment with Cory or to learn more about Acupuncture services and fees, please click below.