My exposure to functional medicine started at a young age. When I had a cold, my mother, a compounding pharmacist, sent me off to school with Echinacea and vitamin C. My father, an exemplar dentist, further guided me as I searched for newer paths to achieve overall wellness as a competitive athlete and uncovered my passion for optimizing the body. I later realized it was my parents’ wisdom that would evolve into the mantra I share with my patients:
I am a forward-thinking functional medicine practitioner specializing in the gut microbiome and intestinal health. Microbial imbalances are the root cause of many conditions, including numerous autoimmune disorders, digestive issues, and food intolerances and reactions. In practice, I tend to focus on educating my patients on the pathophysiology of their conditions, reviewing comprehensive lab work to uncover any dysfunction and emphasizing lifestyle, diet, and supplement support when appropriate as the means to address these diagnoses.
My beautiful puppy, Berkeley, makes everything in my life more balanced. I enjoy hiking, playing tennis, golf, live music, traveling to new locations and spending time with my family and all of our dogs. I am a foodie, and my goal is to guide my clients toward a healthy relationship with food and bring them to a place where food restriction is not necessary.
Education and Certifications
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certification Candidate, 2013-2015
- Metagenics Certified First Line Therapist, 2013
- Sage Graduate School Dietetic Internship Program, 2012-2013
- Sage Graduate School, MS in Applied Nutrition, 2009-2013
- State University of New York at Geneseo, BS in Psychology with minor in Biology, 2007-2009
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Division 1 Women’s Basketball, 2005-2007
- Functional Medicine Nutritionist, Owner at Katie Morra - Functional Wellness, 2013- 2017
- Campus and Sports Dietitian, Siena College, 2015-2016
- Public Health Nutritionist, New York State Department of Health, 2014-2015
- Featured health blogger in MindBodyGreen, Man Repeller, Vitamin Shoppe and Modern AlkaMe
Follow Katie on social media:
To learn more about functional nutrition services and fees, please click here.