Body Memory Recall
Body Memory Recall (BMR) is a form of hands-on bodywork that supports the body to release accumulated stress, tension and memory from past experiences which can cause myofascial, structural, and energetic restrictions.
Integrating four mind-body therapy techniques; Myofascial Release, Craniosacral Therapy, Visceral Manipulation and Unwinding, BMR addresses a variety of conditions, based on the understanding the body not only holds physical tensions, but also emotional and energetic tensions that are often related to specific events, memories, or traumas, i.e., body memory.
A BMR therapist applies sustained pressure and stretch to areas of restriction within the fascial system (connective tissue) allowing the fascia to release, unravel, and lengthen. This takes pressure off soft tissue structures and restores function to the bodies vital systems.
A good candidate for BMR is anyone suffering from pain, stress, emotional challenges, overwhelming change, or a particularly challenging condition that has failed to resolve from other forms of treatment and therapy. BMR is safe and effective for seniors, children and infants and provides both relief and resolution for many physical and emotional challenges.
BMR can offer positive therapeutic outcomes, including:
- Decreased Tension & Pain
- Improved Range of Motion
- Alleviation of Post-Surgical Pain and Dysfunction
- Stress Reduction
- Posture and Alignment
- Increased Energy
- Resolution & Completion of Past Experiences, Inner Peace
Body Memory Recall and Trauma
BMR is also effective for treating various traumas. People register trauma not necessarily as stories but as sensations in the body (dissociation, chronic pain, shame, irritability, flashbacks, depression, hypervigilance). What qualifies as trauma? An event that is life threatening, causes intense fear, or compromises your physical or emotional safety can cause trauma and PTSD.
A traumatic event could include any of the following:
- Suffering a physical Injury
- Receiving a serious medical diagnosis
- Being a victim of rape, assault, mugging, or robbery
- Enduring physical, emotional, sexual, or others forms of abuse
- Witnessing or experiencing an automobile accident, train, or plane crash
- Experiencing or witnessing a natural disaster, war, combat, attack
- Being a victim of torture or kidnapping
- Experiencing a stressful life event, such as divorce, unemployment, an illness or the
- Death of a loved one
- Long standing discrimination
- Difficult birth, miscarriage
BMR offers a safe way to unwind the somatic (body) reactions from trauma, creating a renewed ease in the nervous system to allow for greater healing of the body, mind and spirit.
Learn more about our BMR practitioner:
Kelly Zarcone, LMT
Initial Visit with Kelly | 90 minutes, $175
Follow Up Sessions with Kelly | 60 minutes, $145