Complimentary 15-minute consultations are available for potential new clients.
Inspired by the naturopathic principles of Doctor as Teacher, I am passionate about helping patients obtain a clear understanding of their condition and working together to establish an improved path to wellness. Whether there is a diagnosis of cancer or any other chronic condition, treating the whole person and addressing the underlying cause of disease is key.
Board-certified in naturopathic oncology, I have specialized in integrative oncology since 2004. My goal with each patient is to create and implement a personalized natural strategy that safely works to reduce side effects, support immune function, and offer cancer-fighting benefits to patients actively undergoing conventional oncology treatment in the form of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, and surgery. I also work with patients in remission and those who are at high risk for cancer, prioritizing cancer prevention.
After thorough evaluation, including patient interview and review of laboratory studies, I create an individualized plan for each patient utilizing herbal medicine, nutrition as medicine, and lifestyle counseling.
I thoroughly enjoy the work that I do and also find joy in exercising, learning new things, laughing, listening to music and spending time with family and friends.
Education, Licensing, and Training
- Naturopathic medical license in the District of Columbia (2015 – current) and Maryland (2016 – current)
- University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine, Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, 2004
- Integrative naturopathic oncology consultant (Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Philadelphia, 2006-2010); director of naturopathic oncology program (Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Philadelphia, 2010-2014)
- 2-year hospital-based residency in Integrative Oncology (Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Chicago, 2004-2006)
- Rutgers University, pre-medical coursework, 2000
- Spelman College, B.S. in Psychology, 1996
- Member of the Maryland Naturopathic Doctors Association (2016 – current) and the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians (2008 – current)